Friday 28 February 2014

Paleo pancakes or bread

I'm not 100% sure whether this is paleo, but it just has a better ring to it then LCHF.
I have read various recipes for pancakes/bread and have let them permeate around my brain for a while.  Today I really felt like something with more of a carb feel.  So I threw together these, and I think that they tasted pretty good and had a decent texture.


1/2 can coconut cream (I used the solid cream on top and used the liquid bit for something else)
1/2 cup of LSA (Ground Linseed, Sunflower and Almond)
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
2 tablespoons of psyllium husk
6 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla ( I was aiming for something sweet-ish, if I wanted a savoury version I would omit this)

Beat together eggs and coconut cream.  Mix in vanilla and dry ingredients.  Fry in a pan in melted butter.
I served mine topped with a hunk of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
I found it quite sweet enough, but I have been sugar free for a number of weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment