Tuesday 11 February 2014

Day 6 - Will my bowels ever move again?

I am still sleeping really badly and not getting anywhere near enough sleep at night.  It's hard to know if it is the diet or the external factors that I mentioned in yesterday's blog.  I seem to spend the first two hours of the night from about 11pm to 1am wide awake, just laying in bed wondering if I should actually get up and do something useful.  Needless to say I haven't managed to derive any great amounts of energy from this diet yet, a good night's sleep must surely help in that department.

My dodgy gums turned out to be the precursor to an ear infection.  My left ear feels sore, but is improving, I think.

I feel quite thirsty today, so have been drinking a lot.

After starting the day lamenting the fact that I hadn't poohed for 3 days, and wondering what is happening in the downstairs elimination department, I have finally had some action. Up to that point not a lot, in fact nothing had been happening.  I didn't feel uncomfortable, I didn't feel like I needed to go. I felt just fine.  But three days, going on four with no movement?  Is that normal?

It reminds me of those fully breastfed babies that sometimes go up to 10 days without a poo.  When they do eventually poo, it is a big one.  It goes everywhere.  Luckily, it was quite normal. Good now I can stop obsessing about it, I promise not to write anymore about my bowels.

I am guessing that a radical change in diet, like removing a large proportion of carbs is going to take some adjusting to.

Today's menu is:
Breakfast
Coconut flake muesli with mango a couple of blueberries and fresh cream.  It is an absolutely delicious breakfast, yummo.

Lunch
Two roast chicken legs and some breast meat
coconut cream and chai seed ball rolled in cocoa
cashew, almond and macadamia nuts
dandelion tea

Dinner
roast chicken, bacon, egg and salad with Caesar dressing

Exercise
Walked to school with Harry
Swam in pool

1 comment:

  1. Right now I am watching my mango trees form fruits. They are tiny and green, but it is looking like another bumper year for mangoes. It seems to coincide with a dry late winter/spring season. Just reading about those delicious breakfasts that I was enjoying when I wrote this post, I am sure looking forward to eating some of those again. Mangoes and cream, amazing!

    ReplyDelete