Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day Seven Feeling pretty good

Day seven already and I haven't felt in anyway food deprived.  I have been able to eat as much as I wanted so long as it was low carbohydrate.  I have missed a few carby things, but the deprivation of the sweet tooth has not been difficult at all.

Today I started to research some recipes for vegetarian recipes using LCHF principles.  My vego daughter thinks I have slightly lost my marbles, but none the less I still need to provide food for her.  My Carnivore sons are loving all the meat, but I also feel like I would like to try the odd vego meal too.

So LCHF vego version seems to go heavy on cheese, eggs, nuts and cream. Also the soy protein alternatives and tofu.  We have all of this in the house, so it shouldn't be a big problem.  Usually, though, when I'm getting sick of meat I am not particularly in the mood for eggy or cheesie things either.  A tofu and nut stir fry could be the go.  Also a vego lasagne made with eggplant as the noodle layers and lots of cheese could be really nice as the acid in the tomato can help with the cheese.

Looks like there are fun times ahead experimenting in the kitchen.  Just hope the weather cools down a bit as 32 degrees Celsius  (as advertised for the weekend) is too hot for oven cooking.  I have had to put off making my next batch of beef jerky, as it's just too hot to have the oven running ( even on low) all day.

Today's menu
Breakfast
Same as yesterday, love this coconut muesli with mango, blueberries and cream.  So refreshing on a warm summer's morning.

Snack
Just nibbled on some cold meats while I packaged them up for the freezer.  I bought a heap from the shop yesterday and have broken them up into smaller portions and put them into the freezer to use as needed.  We are quite well stocked now.  I am wondering how the thinly sliced hot salami would go if I dehydrated it jerky style.  Next time I make beef jerky I think that I might try a few pieces and experiment with which thickness would be best.

Lunch
garlic creamy chicken
dandelion tea

Snack
Piece of cheese

Dinner
Lamb rump steak and salad and feta cheese


Exercise
walked to school and back

I think that I will hold off weighing myself until tomorrow.  Then I will have had a full week eating LCHF and be able to compare with my measurements from last week.  I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment