Monday 24 February 2014

Progress week 2

I'm a bit behind with getting the week 2 progress written up.  It's almost time to weigh in and measure up for week 3.  But I did take the readings last week, I just haven't gotten around to recording them on the blog until now. And I didn't get around to taking a photo. Oh well.

Progress has definitely slowed after the lightning take off from week one.  I still feel tired and am not sure that my body has quite converted itself to being keto-adapted. I went out for dinner during the week and easily left the rice and bread roll on the side of the plate.  I used the pat of butter to eat with my chicken.  I did eat the cream and cheesecake for dessert, but resisted with no difficulty at all the chocolate mud cake that was placed in front of me. I am starting to feel less like I need to snack, though MKR does still get me feeling like eating when I watch that.

Last week I put on 2kg so my weight went back up to 75kg.
But..
My body measurements changed, so the fat is being redistributed around my body.
Day 10 my waist was 93.5cm, whereas day 14 it was 91cm. 
At day 10 my rib cage measurement (the smallest bit of me) was 90.5cm and by day 14 was 87cm.  To me it's under the rib cage that has all of those major organs, so cm's lost there should be significant. I have noticed that I can go 2 notches tighter on my bra and have tightened the shoulder straps too.

I find it interesting that there was no weight lose, in fact a slight gain and yet there were more cm's lost that week than in the first week. It will be interesting to see what the next weeks weight and measurement bring.  I really hope that I start to reap more energy out of this diet, because so far I feel a bit drained.  (But then baby isn't sleeping real well either, so perhaps it's non diet related).

No comments:

Post a Comment