Wednesday 26 February 2014

Week three and we see progress

I know it's only two days since I posted the week 2 progress, but the measurements for week two were taken a week ago.  I was just slack in getting them onto my blog.
before, day 2

Another week down and as I gazed at the numbers on the scale this morning I realised that I had dropped another kilo. So I am now 74kg.  My size 16 pants do feel quite loose and this is born out by my measurements this week.

Waist 90cm
ribs 85.5cm
hips are still staying pretty much the same.  But I have tended to always have slim-ish legs and carry my weight around my middle.
week 1

Lets line up the photos from the three weeks and see how they compare. Before, week 1 and week 3....


 week three (this week)
I am not seeing a huge difference from  front on between each of the weeks. I know my photography is dodgy and blogger is being a right pain with its formatting.  I am having all sorts of trouble posting these photos on here.  The formatting keep jumping around on me.
I will post side on photos, there seems to be more obvious progress there.
before shot at day 2
I realise that given I weighed myself on day 3 and had lost three kilos already,  this probably isn't a true "before" shot. I had no idea at day 2 that weight loss would be so dramatic.
 week 1, hmmm not sure.
I don't think the photo shows much difference.  I wish blogger would let me line them all up next to each other.  I either don't have the technical know how or blogger's formatting rules suck.
 week 3, this week.
Yeah I can see progress. 8cm from my waist, 7.5cm from my ribs and 5kg. There is something happening, for sure.
A typical day's food is as follows:
Breakfast:
Muesli made with nuts, seeds and coconut flakes. Around 100ml cream. A handful of frozen blueberries.
cup of tea
Lunch:
Salad of mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, capsicum, snow peas and a hunk of meat, egg and cheese. Either all three or whatever I have on hand.
cup of dandelion tea
Dinner:
Meat of some variety with either steamed vegies or a salad.  I try to add sour cream or butter to dinner to try and up the fat content.  I am finding it hard to add fat to things and it mostly seems to be in the form of dairy.  Before this LCHF diet I wasn't really a dairy eater, so I'm not sure about the inclusion of so much of it into my diet now.
For snacks I have nuts or  full fat yoghurt and sometimes mix double cream with my yoghurt. I drink heaps of water, I find I am quite thirsty.  I have another cup of dandelion tea before bed.
I am not hungry, but still do wish I could sneak something sweet sometimes.  Every now and then I will satisfy my sweet desires by sucking slowly on a frozen blueberry.
Until next week.........





No comments:

Post a Comment