Wednesday 5 March 2014

Week four and I think I will give up on the scales

I don't know what my scales are doing.  I jumped on the scales and they seemed to show either 71kg or 72kg, it was hard to tell.  So I switched to my newer prescription glasses and jumped back on and the scales showed 74kg.  It seems to depend a bit on where you stand on them and your exact weight distribution.  That is obviously going to change each time I get onto the scales, so for a weekly measurement of only a kilo or two they are really no good.  Perhaps they will be better at showing general trends over a longer period of time.

This week I know that I have lost, because I have taken my bra strap in another notch or two and my belt needs a new hole in it.  So my body measurements have obviously shrunk.  Now to the tape measure and to see how the numbers stack up.  I hope that the tape measure is a bit more reliable than the scales.

Well that's interesting.  I felt smaller this week, but the tape measure is not showing it.
Waist is coming in at 91 cm and last week it was 90 cm
ribs are  86 cm and last week they were 85.5 cm.
I haven't exercised much this week, I probably only walked to school once.

The good thing is that I am feeling good and my appetite is way down.  I did okay with the Ash Wednesday fast yesterday.  I had a snack of cheese around lunchtime and then a small handful of nuts around 5pm.  Then had dinner as normal around 7pm.

Ok ever onward to another week.  This week I am going to make some chocolate...low carb of course! Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment